Engaged, thriving youth invested in strong communities throughout our region
Engaged, thriving youth invested in strong communities throughout our region.
The mission of RSAPP (Regional Substance Abuse Prevention Partners) is to bring together, in a collaborative effort, community coalitions and community organizations in Southwest Colorado to facilitate regional substance abuse prevention through the Strategic Prevention Framework, including: needs assessment, capacity building, planning, implementation and evaluation.
RSAPP works towards the following long-term goals:
1. Decrease youth substance abuse in southwest Colorado
2. Increase youth engagement in pro-social activities
3. Increase family engagement in supporting youth
RSAPP works towards its vision, mission and goals by:
- Hiring, training and supporting AmeriCorps members who serve with schools and community prevention organizations throughout the region
- Providing tools, training, resources and support to encourage regional sharing and collaboration around substance abuse prevention
- Increasing capacity and sustainability of community organizations that work towards substance abuse prevention
- Working with community partners to implement regional projects, such as the Teen Maze health fair and Prevention Education for Conservation Corps crews